Monday, April 29, 2013

Hello , this blog post was inspired in a history that happen me.


A few years a go in a Summer night  I was watching the TV when from the window of  the apartment that I live a bat get inside on the house. A surpirese feeling involve me, It wasn't big but this was the first time tha I saw a bat, then of the surprise a feel curiosity and I try to catch it. The problem was my mother, she didn't like the bat and force to release the bat outside the house. I know that keep this type of animal may be a bit dangerous (because some of them transmit rabies) but the experiece motivate me to get information about the posibilty of have a bat how pet.

I discover that is possible have one but not of any kind, the onl type of bat that may be domesticates are the "flying fox" species, and his domestication could be very easy. This specie are a unusual type of bat with long wings and a frugivore and insectivore diet. The more common of this bats can live for 3 or 5 years but the more bigger can live about 15 years. They have norturnal habits and could be very helpful to solve the insect's plague problems. A good idea to keep happy a bat is spread stick with milk and the bat lick it very happy.

With a few of patience and love a bat would be a interesting option to have in home...




5 comments:

  1. the care for animal is responsibility !! inspirational history

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flying foxes are giants, hope you have a cave or a tree large enough to raise him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is very loving the picture! Is a true guardian angel for the mouses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow is very strange have a bat of mascots o: but is very amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very interesting

    ReplyDelete